Looking for Toothache Treatment in Corvallis, OR?
Are You in Dental Pain? Call Us and We’ll See You Soon.
Timberhill Dental is the toothache dentist in Corvallis — we’re here when you need us the most. Contact us right away if you’re experiencing any of the following:
- Sudden and sharp pain in your face and mouth
- Dull throbbing pain in your mouth, face, jaw, or ears
- Intense sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures
- Pain when chewing
- Discomfort or bleeding when brushing or flossing
The doctors and Timberhill dental team are ready to help diagnose and treat the source of your toothache.
What Causes a Toothache?
Most everyone will have a toothache or experience tooth sensitivity at some point in their life. Often, the culprit is a small area of decay or another simple issue. However, the biggest mistake you can make is to ignore the pain.
Your toothache may be the result of one or more of the following issues:
|Cavity||Broken Tooth||Tooth Infection|
|Loose Crown||Impacted Wisdom Teeth||Defective Filling|
|Gum Disease||TMJ Disorder||Bruxism|
Toothache Pain Relief Tips
While you contact your dentist and get ready for your appointment, these at-home remedies can provide temporary tooth pain relief:
- Over-the-counter pain medication
- Gently rinse your mouth with warm saltwater (teaspoon of salt in 8 ounces of water)
- Use a cold compress for 20 minutes at a time
- Place a warm, wet tea bag against the problem tooth
- Try a toothpaste designed for sensitive teeth, like Sensodyne
Just remember: Toothache home remedies should be used in conjunction with professional dental treatment, not as a primary fix.
Tooth pain will likely not resolve itself. In most cases, it will get worse. If your mouth is in pain, make sure you get things checked out ASAP.
High-Tech Toothache Treatments at Timberhill Dental
No matter the cause of your toothache, Timberhill Dental has high-tech, minimally-invasive diagnostics and techniques to help relieve pain and improve your health.
The Sirona 3D Cone Beam technology provides amazingly detailed, 3D images of your mouth without the discomfort and other drawbacks of traditional x-rays. Advanced imaging helps us diagnose the source of your toothache and visualize the best treatment.
Some amazing benefits of this technology for diagnosing and treating tooth pain include:
- There’s no need to bite down on sharp plastic — this can be very comfortable!
- The Sirona 3D cone beam produces sharp, high-resolution HD digital images that help provide the best diagnosis and treatment plan.
- This dental imaging system uses a fraction of the radiation required with traditional dental x-rays.
We proudly offer the WaterLase YSGG HydroKinetic Dental Laser — an extremely gentle, safe, and effective technology. The WaterLase technology helps us remove tooth decay, prepare cavities for fillings, and other toothache relief treatments.
Laser dentistry truly is the way of the future. This technology allows your dentist to:
- Specifically target decay and disease
- Be as minimally-invasive as possible
- Reduce the amount of discomfort recovery time
- Speed up your treatment
- Produce incredible results
Early Cavity Detection
The DIAGNOdent® laser allows us to find even the smallest cavities that may be causing you discomfort. This technology can detect cavities not visible to the naked eye, as well as cavities in locations that are difficult to check using traditional methods.
We always recommend that you take a preventive approach to toothaches and dental issues. To identify a possible cavity, most dentists…
- Visually inspect the tooth
- Take radiographic x-rays
- Probe the tooth with a dental instrument
There is a more reliable method for discovering small cavities.
When you work with a dentist who offers Diagnodent based early cavity detection, cavities can be detected before they become problems. Remember, the sooner we find and treat your decay, the healthier your teeth and mouth will be and the less chance you’ll experience a severe toothache!
A Message From Our Doctors about Tooth Pain
At Timberhill Dental, when you’re in pain, we’ll make sure you get the help you need, fast. Once we’ve stopped your toothache, we do our best to help you take a proactive approach to your dental health.
We place the highest priority on helping our patients prevent problems before they become issues that cause you pain. The sooner we find and treat decay and other common dental issues, the healthier your teeth and mouth will be and the less chance you’ll need to suffer through a toothache ever again!
Stop Your Tooth Pain Today
Our Corvallis dental office is ready to treat the source of your toothache. Our entire team is here to help when you need us the most.